Shalom Youth Project
Welcome. Shalom Youth Project is here for children and young people in East Marsh.
Our Mission Statement:
To reach children and young people at risk in the East Marsh and through sustained long-term relationships to enable them to become functioning adults
Shalom Youth Project is an independent voluntary organisation (and registered charity) committed to the children and young people of Grimsby’s most deprived ward – the East Marsh.
The Youth Project was founded in 1972 through the initiative of St John and St Stephen’s Church, New Clee, which has itself served this community for over 100 years.
We provide leisure time activities to support young people in their transition to adulthood
- Since its beginning in 1972 over 4000 young people have accessed the Project
- Over the last three years an average of 416 individual young people have accessed the Project each year
- Many of our staff and volunteers are themselves former members opened
- We are now, sadly, the only Open Access Youth Centre in North East Lincolnshire. There are other youth clubs in North East Lincolnshire.
- Our church opened its first youth club in February 1881!
Meeting every Tuesday during term time between 6 and 7.30 this is our club for Primary School children. Admission is free
This Project runs three support groups for children and young people with specific needs
Volunteers urgently needed
We always need volunteers to help run our clubs
- Full support and training given
- Our recruitment policy when a paid post becomes available is to start with our volunteer pool
Why not contact us today
Meeting every Thursday night during term time between 6.30 and 8.30 for young people 13-14 yrs. Admission is free
A club open to young people who are 14 and over
7.30pm-10pm. Admission Free.
Meet the Team
Revd Canon Andrew Dodd (Chair) Janet Atkinson (Secretary) Revd Kay Jones (Treasurer) John Atkinson, Councillor Steve Beasant, Elaine Brigham, Alan Burley, Councillor Annie Darby OBE, Tina Greenham, Malcolm Smith, Jenny Tucker, Alan Warmsley, Jenny Woods
Financial Controller Adele Cutting
Project Manager John Ellis
Assistant Project Manager Michaela Keetley
Each separate project is managed by a Key Worker who is supported by a team of volunteers
Key Workers: Debbie Lawn ( Juniors) Mandy Gordon (Juniors) Lynda Tappin (HY2HY) Michaela Keetley (Inters, Senior Club and HY2HY) Pat Simpson (HY2HY)
Volunteers: Lisa Barber, Corinne Board, Alan Burley, Ann Codd, Adele Cutting, Leonie Cutting, John Ellis, Kirsty Johnson, Lauren Lawn, Jackie Smith, Andy Tappin, Sally Walton.
Ross Hall, Jordan Gregersen (Youth Consortium Apprentices)
Safeguarding Officer: Revd Kay Jones
All staff and volunteers hold an enhanced DBS (CRB) Check and have completed Safeguarding Training