Shalom Youth Project
Welcome. Shalom Youth Project is here for children and young people in East Marsh.
Our Mission Statement:
To reach children and young people at risk in the East Marsh and through sustained long-term relationships to enable them to become functioning adults
Shalom Youth Project is an independent voluntary organisation (and registered charity) committed to the children and young people of Grimsby’s most deprived ward – the East Marsh.
The Youth Project was founded in 1972 through the initiative of St John and St Stephen’s Church, New Clee, which has itself served this community for over 100 years.
We provide leisure time activities to support young people in their transition to adulthood
- Since its beginning in 1972 over 4000 young people have accessed the Project
- Over the last three years an average of 416 individual young people have accessed the Project each year
- Many of our staff and volunteers are themselves former members opened
- We are now, sadly, the only Open Access Youth Centre in North East Lincolnshire. There are other youth clubs in North East Lincolnshire.
- Our church opened its first youth club in February 1881!
Meeting every Tuesday during term time between 6 and 7.30 this is our club for Primary School children. Admission is free
Special Support Groups
This Project runs two support groups for children and young people with specific needs
A club open to young people who are 14 and over 7.30pm-10pm. Admission Free.
Meeting every Thursday night during term time between 6.30 and 8.30 for young people 13-14 yrs. Admission is free
The latest Annual Report will be available to view here